The World Health Organization’s current statistics say that 121 million people suffer from the mental illness depression across the world and that number continues rising every second, making every one of these depression quotes, including the short and deep ones about love and life even more valuable. Depression is something no one wants to discuss, and unfortunately, negative stigmas and misconceptions still exist about this illness. Look no further than thecutequotes.com for more insight into the many facets of depression including, but not limited to, loneliness, vulnerability, hopelessness, and pain.
Table of Contents
Best Depression Quotes
With such a widespread illness, it’s likely that you or someone you know battles depression. These Best Depression Quotes from thecutequotes.com are sure to give you a more in-depth look of the many aspects of depression and help you to better understand how those living with this illness feel and possibly give them the comfort of knowing someone gets it and finally understands where they’re coming from.
- 1 Seeing the end in sight makes anything seems possible, depression makes the end seem impossible.
- 2 Tears come not from weakness, but from unending strength.
- 3 Depression can make even the smallest task feel impossible.
- 4 Perfection can still cause misery in depression.
- 5 Motivation, like cleanliness, never lasts, so it must continue to be pursued.
- 6 It’s usually worse than it appears.
- 7 I lose myself in my mind.
- 8 Monsters don’t merely exist in your closets and under your bed, they hide themselves in your head.
- 9 I spend all my energy saving others when I’m the one that needs to be rescued.
- 10 “I’m Tired” can’t be fixed by any amount of sleep.
Depressing Love Quotes
Love can be one of the greatest feelings in the world. It can make a person feel all warm and fuzzy. Love represents a wide array of concepts. Hope, belonging, and security are just a few that come to mind. However, with depression, these are frequently overlooked and lost in the turmoil they’re facing inside. Thecutequotes.com gives us some of the greatest Depressing Love Quotes to discover how depression affects this beautiful emotion.
- 11 Being a friend to someone in depression is one of the most caring acts.
- 12 I hide my heart, so no one can find it and hurt me.
- 13 Not being loved can make even the richest man feel poor.
- 14 The joy of love is only for an instant, while the hurt from love lasts forever.
- 15 Tears can be wiped away, but the heart continues to cry.
Depressing Life Quotes
Everyone experiences ups and downs in life. Mental health diseases, especially depression, make it hard to focus on the positive or what exists beyond their current situation. These Depressed Life Quotes by thecutequotes.com show us how easy it is to see only the negative. When a person sees only the negative in things, it may be time to seek the help they so desperately need.
- 16 Everybody has sad stories no one knows about and frequently we call them cold, when in fact, they are in despair.
- 17 I miss who I was and my smile the most.
- 18 We tend to focus on our defeats and not our wins.
- 19 Just as the caterpillar believed his life had ended and transformed into a butterfly, you too can morph into something beautiful.
- 20 Appreciating the light isn’t possible until after you’ve inhabited the dark.
Nothing lasts forever, the same is true of the rainbow. Thecutequotes.com lets us experience firsthand how depressing thoughts make a person feel. Depression causes a person to only see the bad, to see the glass as half empty and to fear anything good. Whether their thinking is real or just in their head, it doesn’t matter, how they feel is the most important.
- 21 Depression is like being crushed slowly, and you can’t escape it.
- 22 People latch on more to their baggage than their baggage latches on to them.
- 23 It is better to be hated than ignored.
- 24 The only obstacle standing in my way is reality.
- 25 Asking if I’m all right reminds me that I’m not.
Deep Depression Quotes
We’ve seen what depression does to a person’s views of themselves, how it makes them feel completely broken inside. We’re going to look more in-depth at this with these Deep Depression Quotes by thecutequotes.com. Knowing how they feel in their innermost being will help us better lift them up, encourage and motivate those most precious to us so we can better help them not feel so shattered.
- 26 Depression is like the weather. It can arrive without warning.
- 27 Invisible wounds can cause more pain than anything visible ever could.
- 28 Sleeping while depressed is like a nightmare in reverse, waking up is terrifying and slumber provides comfort.
- 29 The worst feeling is that no matter how hard you try; you can’t comfort your soul.
Short Depression Quotes
Some of the best things in life are short and sweet. The same is true of these Short Depression Quotes by thecutequotes.com. They help us to get a quick look at how depression can affect a person and some possible ways to lessen its effects, decrease the amount of destruction in its path, or just be able to help a person during the storm.
- 30 Hopelessness can be disguised by a smile.
- 31 Don’t let what’s happening in your head keep you in bed.
- 32 To survive, one must first endure.
- 33 Don’t focus only on the future, find joy in the present.
- 34 Dying is more inviting than living.
Motivational Quotes for Depression
Now that we know how devastating, low, and worthless depression can make a person feel, let’s look at some Motivational Quotes for Depression. These quotes by thecutequotes.com are very inspirational and uplifting. They further reveal how those suffering with depression see life. This constant feeling of hopelessness should encourage them to look for various treatments.
- 35 Don’t give credence to everything you think.
- 36 Behave how you want to be, not how you are.
- 37 Life is one continuous experiment, keep testing, and hypothesizing.
- 38 When you alter your perception of the world, the world changes.
- 39 Don’t allow your thoughts to determine your success.
Discover the power in these Motivational Quotes for Depression from thecutequotes.com. Use them to know you’re the one in charge, not your thoughts. Your thoughts aren’t always going to be honest with you. They may show you the worst. This is true for anyone, it doesn’t have to be someone battling depression. After all, we are our own worst enemy.
We’ve learned a lot about this mental disease from the Depression Quotes about life and love. These depressing quotes short and very deep have vividly shown us how depression makes a person feel. It makes them feel hopeless, sad, ignored, crushed, defeated, lonely, and just overall broken. They fear the positive because they know it will inevitably crash. They get lost in their mind with their own thoughts. Still, this battle, this mental disorder, doesn’t have to define them. If you’re looking for more inspiring, insightful, and wise quotes, be sure to share posts on social media and follow thecutequotes.com.